Highland District Council’s Transportation Committee is responsible for all transportation related matters affecting the Highland Park area, including but not limited to vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, parking, transit, and airport noise. All HDC committees have 9 members, which include 5-7 board members, 2-4 members of the community and 2 alternates.
Monthly meeting times: The Transportation Committee meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7 – 8:30pm. Currently, all HDC meetings are conducted via Zoom. All are welcome to attend committee meetings. View upcoming meeting dates and get the links to join the virtual meetings at https://www.highlanddistrictcouncil.org/calendar/.
More information on current and upcoming transportation-related projects can be found at https://www.highlanddistrictcouncil.org/road-projects/
View past meeting minutes at https://www.highlanddistrictcouncil.org/hdc/#agendas
Watch recordings of previous meetings:
Watch a committee update from the April 2021 Annual Meeting athttps://youtu.be/sprAoC2TRNs
The work of HDC and our committees is guided by the Highland Park District 15 Plan, which was adopted by the Saint Paul City Council on September 4, 2019. Additional information about the Transportation Committee and projects the committee has been involved with:
- Ford Site Traffic Study: See Final AUAR Section 18: Also the following study information:https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/planning-economic-development/planning/ford-sitehighland-bridge/ford-site-zoning-and-
- Sidewalk Equity Plan (2018-19)
- Resolution 17-65 provides the City’s current policy regarding sidewalk on street reconstruction projects. This resolution and policy is supported by more general statements about the need for sidewalks in both the Comprehensive Plan as well as the Pedestrian Plan. Specific guidance in the Pedestrian Plan – Action 1-14 states “Construct sidewalks on both sides of ever street as part of street reconstruction projects, in accordance with Saint Paul City Council Resolution 17-65.”
- Pedestrian plan is available here:https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/public-works/transportation-and-transit/walking-saint-paul andhttps://www.stpaul.gov/departments/public-works/sidewalks/city-sidewalk-projects
- Bike Plan: https://www.stpaul.gov/sites/default/files/Media%20Root/Public%20Works/Saint%20Paul%20Bicycle%20Plan.pdf andhttps://www.stpaul.gov/vision-saint-paul-connected-network-bikeways-and-trails
- Hidden Falls Park Crosby Park Plan (This has some pedestrian and bike elements):https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/parks-and-recreation/design-construction/current-projects/hidden-falls-crosby-farm
- West 7th Street Car Plan (Connecting Downtown St. Paul to the Airport)https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/planning-and-economic-development/streetcar-planning