Get ready for:
Wheeled Carts. A wheeled, lidded recycling cart will be delivered to your home late this year. You can begin using it in early January. No sign up necessary!
Alley Collection. Recycling in carts will be collected at the same location as your garbage. This means you may switch to the alley.
To Recycle More! We’re adding more items to our single sort recycling program including paper towel and toilet paper rolls, cardboard food containers, and refrigerated food boxes.
Keep using your old curbside bin until after the first of the year. Once we shift to carts, it’s yours to keep! Use it to collect recycling in your home or repurpose it for another use. The City will also be designating drop-off locations for recycling old bins.
Carts - to be delivered between November 28 and January 14, 2017. They will be delivered to single family homes and buildings with up to 11 units.
- 64 gallon carts (medium) will delivered to each 1-4 unit home.
- 2 64 gallon carts will be delivered to each 5-11 unit building.
- Change out to smaller or larger size (32 or 95 gallon) carts will be allowed after 90 days.
- No need to sign up
- A packet of detailed information will be delivered with the cart.
- Carts will be placed and collected at the same location trash is collected. For some this means the alley.
- 60% of community will have a collection day change.
- We are adding a few new materials – paper tubes (toilet paper, paper towel), paper food tubes (Pringles, etc. ), refrigerator boxes.