Report a crime in progress?

Crimes in progress should be reported by calling 911. If you are unable to speak during an emergency you should use Text-to-911

Report a non-emergency crime?

The St. Paul Police non-emergency number is 651-291-1111. The online reporting system can be used for minor incidents that are not urgent and do not pose a safety issue.

Request Graffiti Cleanup?

If you are the victim of graffiti on your property, you may call the City of St. Paul’s Department of Safety and Inspections at 651-266-8989 to make a report, email your complaint, or you may ask a question, file an official complaint or provide feedback on city services. Use the online form.

Get Involved with Highland District Council?

There are many ways to get involved in the HDC!  Attend or volunteer for an event by emailing [email protected]. Participate in our community by attending a meeting, joining a committee or run for a board seat.  To get more information contact us at [email protected] or at 651-695-4005. Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter or follow us on Facebook

Contact my City Council person?

Highland Park is in Ward 3 which includes the Macalester Groveland neighborhood. Our council member is Chris Tolbert. He can be reached at 651-266-8630.

Sign up for Community Education?

The Saint Paul Public Schools has a robust community education program covering adult basic education and enrichment, early childhood family education, before- and after-school childcare and youth programs. You can view catalogs and program information at Catalogs also can be picked up at Community Education Sites including Highland Park Community Center, Highland Park Middle School, Highland Park High School, Horace Mann School, Carondelet Village, EXPO Elementary, Brake Bread and Jie Ming Mandarin Immersion Academy (formerly Homecroft).For general information call 651-767-8179.

Sign up for Rec Center Activities?

There are so many things to do through Saint Paul’s Parks and Recreation Department!  From all types of sports and exercise activities geared to all ages, to family events, activities at Como Park Zoo and Conservatory there is something for all.  Highland Park Community Center is located at 1978 Ford Parkway and is one of over 20 locations throughout the city.  Stop by to find out what is going on in Highland, pick up a catalog and see what Parks and Rec has to offer.  For general information call 651-266-6400 or check their website:

Volunteer/Donate/Shop at the Local Food Shelf?

In every community in the country there are individuals and families who live with food insecurity.  Neighborhood House provides help and resources. For information on ways to help go to

Neighborhood House hosts a food shelf directly in Highland Park in the Sibley Manor Apartments. Learn how to volunteer or donate food. 

Go to for current hours and what to bring with you. Learn about other food resources available to Ramsey County Residents at

Open a Business in Highland Park?

Saint Paul has many resources to help new business owners get started and be successful.   The City has information on all aspects of business development from planning, permits and licensing, site selection, and building plan review.  Go to the website Open for Business

The district council can assist new businesses with processes for obtaining variances, weighing in on business plans and providing feedback to the city. We can also help you partner with neighbors by coordinating a community meeting to present plans to the neighborhood.  Please email [email protected] for more information. In addition, the Highland Business Association (HBA) and West 7th Business Association (W7BA) are committed to promoting, representing and supporting the Highland Park Business Community. These groups work with local property owners and the City of Saint Paul on issues that are important to the economy of Highland Park.

Find Resources to Help Neighbors Experiencing Mental Health Crises, Addiction or Homelessness?

The St. Paul Police also have a Community Outreach and Stabilization Unit (C.O.A.S.T) who help coordinate resources for neighbors experiencing mental health crises, addiction, or homelessness. Learn more

Ask a Question, File a Complaint or Provide Feedback to the City of Saint Paul?

The City of Saint Paul offers an online form to make asking a question or filing a complaint fast and easy. The list of topics covers traffic, human rights, city services, property, and much more. You can also reach out to HDC at [email protected] and we can help determine if it’s a good topic for one of our committee or board meetings as well.

Locate a Faith Community?

Our neighbor, Macalester College, maintains a listing of faith communities that are located in and around Highland Park.