Highland District Council’s Community Development Committee (CDC) is responsible for all zoning, housing, building code, business and economic development matters affecting the Highland Area. All HDC committees have 9 members, which include 5-7 board members, 2-4 members of the community and 2 alternates.
Monthly meeting times: The Community Development Committee usually meets the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 – 8pm. Currently, all HDC meetings are conducted via Zoom. All are welcome to attend committee meetings. View upcoming meeting dates and get the links to join the virtual meetings at https://www.highlanddistrictcouncil.org/calendar/.
View past meeting minutes at https://www.highlanddistrictcouncil.org/hdc/#agendas
Watch recordings of previous meetings:
- January 24,2023 CDC Meeting – UST Sports Complex Presentation
- November 15, 2022 CDC Meeting – Herself Health Introduction, Sign Variance Sibley Plaza, Wandering Leaf Taproom License applications, MRCCA updates to St Paul code
- October 18, 2022 CDC Meeting – UST & Ryan Baseball and Softball Site plan, Port Authority Purchase of CP land, Treehouse Revised Variance request
- September 20, 2022 CDC Meeting – Discussion 2315 Highland Parkway Development Resolution (706 MRB) and Treehouse Senior Living Resolution (Multi-Unit housing project behind Highland Chateau at 2317 West 7th Street)
- July 19, 2022 CDC Meeting – St. Kate’s Facility Planning Update
- June 21, 2022 CDC Meeting – UST at Highland Bridge -Master Plan Amendments, Workforce Housing at Sue & Graham Rezone and Variances, Restaurant Concept for Cleveland and Pinehurst -waiver of 45 day waiting period
- May 17, 2022 CDC Meeting – UST at Highland Bridge, Treehouse Senior Living, Workforce Housing at Sue & Graham
- March 15, 2022 CDC Meeting – SPPS Jie Ming Mandarin Immersion (the old Homecroft) draft Remodel and Addition
- February 15, 2022 CDC Meeting – UST/Ryan Sports Complex, Jardin Academy 548 S Snelling, Xcel Area C Solar
- January 18, 2022 CDC Meeting – UST/Ryan Sports Complex, Highland Bridge Update
Watch a committee update from the April 2021 Annual Meeting athttps://youtu.be/jrO5uSjsB08
The work of HDC and our committees is guided by the Highland Park District 15 Plan, which was adopted by the Saint Paul City Council on September 4, 2019.
Additional information about the Community Development Committee: