East Metro Pipeline Replacement Project – Xcel Energy
Monday, June 6th update – Lexington Parkway and Montreal Avenue
As of 11:00 pm Monday June 6th, 2016 Lexington Parkway is fully open for traffic northbound and southbound from W 7th and Montreal Avenue.
Montreal Avenue and Hamline Avenue – This intersection will be opening this Wednesday June 8th, 2016. (Intersection only) Montreal will be restricted to one lane westbound and 2 lanes eastbound.
Montreal Avenue from W 7th Street to Elway Street will be restricted to one lane eastbound and one lane westbound.
Elway Street closed northbound between Shepard Road and Elway Street.
W. 7th Street at Montreal Avenue/Lexington Parkway restricted to one lane westbound and one lane eastbound until approx. Monday June 13th, 2016 depending on work progress.
West 7th Street Restrictions
* Phase 1 Crossing of West 7th Street – Closure of 2 west bound lanes and turn lane and transfer of traffic to one lane west and one lane east on east bound lanes. Traffic signal work and changes will be completed Tuesday May 31st, 2016 evening approx. 9:00pm at lane shifts completed as soon as signals are completed. Pavement removals, pipe install and pavement restoration are scheduled to be completed by Monday June 6th, 2016.
* Phase 2 Crossing West 7th Street – Closure of 2 east bound lanes and transfer of traffic to one lane west and one lane east of westbound lanes. Traffic signal work and changes will be completed Monday June 6th, 2016 evening approx. 9:00pm and lane shifts completed as soon as signals are completed. Pavement removals, pipe install and pavement restoration are scheduled to be completed by Saturday June 11th, 2016.
Montreal Avenue and Hamline Avenue Restrictions
* Intersection is currently restricted and the plan is to have the concrete barrier remove to open intersection by Saturday June 11th, 2016. Lane restrictions on Montreal Avenue will remain in place.
* Intersection will need to be restricted again as it is currently for tie in of new pipeline approx. mid to late July 2016.
* After new pipeline is tied in we will need to retire valve vaults on south side of Montreal Avenue just east of Hamline Avenue (Edgcumbe Road) This will happen in late July to early August 2016.
2016 Construction - Pleasant Ave & St. Albans St. to Randolph Ave. & James Ave.
2015 Construction - Rose Ave. & Park St. to Pleasant Ave. & St. Albans St.
Spring of 2014 – Phase 2 of what is called the East Metro Gas Pipeline Replacement Project, a $70 million infrastructure upgrade to the line that services 400,000 customers in our East Metro.
The existing ‘tunnel’ that currently runs underneath I35E will be replaced. To replace it, Xcel will be boring a new pipe underneath I35E. Work on this section is slated to begin in April, and will take roughly 6 weeks,. The boring equipment that will be located near the intersection of Pleasant Ave & Eleanor Ave will be loud. Although they are not sure if it’ll exceed the City’s noise ordinance, after consulting with Public Works will be applying for a sound level variance – hopefully yet this week.
Properties that abut this year’s project will receive a mailing to include an informational letter about the project and an invitation to two community meetings, one at Hillcrest and one at Linwood Rec. Dates are TBD.
For more information and project updates go to: East Metro Gas Pipeline Replacement Project